WHAT WE BELIEVE
Millions of vehicles around the world transport people and cargo every day – our goal is to make the roads safer for everyone.
We believe that a total commitment to quality products and services is the surest way to provide our customers maximum value while making the roads safer for everyone.
Quality is at the heart of everything we do.
That’s why we never stop improving our materials, technology, processes, training, and customer service.
The Peterson Story
Peterson has made on and off road vehicles safer since we opened our doors in 1945.
Over the years, we’ve grown from a tiny manufacturer to a multi-industry corporation. We’ve introduced some of the best-selling lighting and harness innovations ever designed and built customer relationships that span oceans and decades.
When the Armacost family acquired Peterson in 1956, then-president and CEO Don Armacost, Sr. set the company’s course on honest, fair dealings with customers, suppliers, and employees.
“Our goal is not to be the biggest,” he said. “Just the best.” Current President and CEO, David Armacost, Don Sr.’s son, holds to these same values in guiding Peterson today.
A proud history of innovation delivering many industry firsts
- 1st US lighting manufacturer to earn ISO 9001/QS-9000 certification
- 1st multi-function Strobe & Turn LEDs for the refuse industry
- 1st single diode 4” LED round lights for intermodal chassis industry
- 1st to utilize insert-molding technology in trailer lighting and harness systems
- 1st guaranteed moisture corrosion-proof harness and lighting technology for trailers
- 1st open source whole-trailer telematics with real-time monitoring for drivers and fleet managers
Vertical integration, speed to market and learning
Our vertically integrated approach means every facet of our operation is all within walking distance of one another to provide control over the entire process from design, to production, to delivery, to providing exceptional quality, speed, and award-winning customer service. Our onsite tooling and plastics divisions work with customers in multiple, high-precision industries, which brings additional knowledge and innovation to Peterson and our customers in vehicle safety markets.
Significant Customer Awards
- “Quality Assured Supplier” from Caterpillar, Inc
- “Targets for Excellence” from General Motors
- “Preferred Supplier” from John Deere
Our exceptional team of employees
Peterson has extremely low turn-over and long tenure, giving us the ability to innovate and build quality products for our customers. Over 650 associates continue our tradition of “Made in USA” quality, innovation, and customer service. Let us put our quality and innovation to work for you.
- Annual turnover rate is around 1.5%
- Average length of employment is over 13 years
- Many associates have been with Peterson over 25 years
- Multiple second and third-generation family members employed.
The Peterson Corporate Family
Headquartered in the greater Kansas City area, Peterson Manufacturing is the flagship of the Peterson corporate family – seven highly specialized companies and over 600 associates working in global transportation-related industries.