Guaranteed to STOP corrosion before it starts.
Peterson Defender® Modular Harness System provides the strongest defense against moisture damage and corrosion available.
Paired with Peterson’s LumenX® LED lighting, Defender is the only harness system warranted against defects and corrosion for a full 10 years.
Defender® Distribution Module
All components connect to a central hub called the Defender® Distribution Module and feature:
- Heavy duty terminals minimize voltage drop throughout the system.
- Dual-isolated grounding fights galvanic corrosion and increases amp capacity over the entire length of system.
- Advanced silicone seals provide an added layer of protection against moisture intrusion.
Watch the videos:
The Defender®’s modular approach allows for the highest level of corrosion resistance in the industry, a more economical vehicle assembly, and more efficient vehicle trouble-shooting and repair.
LumenX® LED Lights
- Advanced optics disperse light so efficiently the lens illuminates fully, with no hot spots or dead zones, regardless of viewing angle.
- Optics are molded on the underside of the lens leaving the exterior surface smooth for cleaner, brighter lights in dirty environments.
- Flush mount lamps with protective recessed lens design are less likely to be damaged.
- Pin connections are insert molded into the housing eliminating a source of moisture intrusion.
- The 30 degree angle of our space-saving plug housing allows for easy installation and reduces stress on the wire.
- Over-molded locking tab for secure wire attachment.
- No potting material behind the PCB to reduce risk of heat build-up in the light assembly, which can shorten the life of LEDs.
- Our .180 bullets and receptacles feature molded in O-rings and detents offering secondary locking for improved sealing.
- Ring terminals utilize adhesive-filled heat-shrink connectors. All copper conducting material is completely sealed for maximum corrosion protection.
Integrated Moisture Barrier
Integrated moisture barrier within all wires protects the system from moisture wicking across your entire harness and lighting connectors.
Defender®’s rear J560 connector provides more reliable electrical connections and easier assembly.
- Rigid polymer molding fixes pin locations for more reliable electrical connection and easier plug insertion.
- Engineering-grade resin over-mold.
- Molded-in, pliable gasket prevents loss or improper seating within the housing.
- Patented snap-on flange cannot pull through mounting holes or flex under stress.
Peterson Defender® is built to last, guaranteed.
Other harnesses may claim rugged reliability, but the Defender® system has logged billions of real-world miles to prove it. In all those miles, the system’s fail rate is less than .001%!
If you’re a fleet manager, think what a corrosion-proof Defender® system on your trailers could save in maintenance and repair costs, equipment downtime, and FMCSA citations for lighting outages.
In fact, just one less trip to the repair shop will pay the difference in the price of Defender® versus a standard harness system.
Watch Peterson Defender® in action.
Then learn about the
Want to learn more about Peterson Defender® and our exclusive 10 year warranty?
Contact an expert today.