Peterson harnesses provide the strongest defense against moisture intrusion and corrosion available, helping you protect your bottom line, maintain service levels to your customers, and enhance your vehicle performance.
We also offer a unique open source trailer solution that brings CAN-bus technology and telematic capability to any trailer.
Below, we summarize our PetersonPULSE® and Defender® harnesses. Below that, we share a feature chart with the details of all our harness systems.
Peterson Maxi-Seal Technology has been around for more than 25 years, supplying customers in light, medium, and heavy-duty trailer industries with top-quality sealed wiring harness systems that are engineered and manufactured to custom specifications and delivered on time.
The chart below lists all the Maxi-Seal technology features on the left and which harnesses include that feature.
Improved break-out design
- 2-stage over-molding process encapsulates the splices and adds strain relief to each individual cable.
- Each splice is ultrasonically welded and covered with adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing.
- Flexible strain relief, which is thermally and chemically bonded to each cable, blocking access of moisture and road chemicals.
Improved J560 connector
- Provides more reliable electrical connections and easier assembly.
- Rigid polymer molding fixes pin locations for more reliable electrical connection and easier plug insertion.
- Engineering-grade resin over-mold.
- Molded-in, pliable gasket prevents loss or improper seating within the housing.
- Patented snap-on flange cannot pull through mounting holes or flex under stress.
Our modular approach allows for the highest level of corrosion resistance in the industry, a more economical vehicle assembly, and more efficient vehicle troubleshooting and repair.
Integrated moisture barrier
Integrated moisture barrier within all wires protects the system from capillary action, causing moisture to wick across your entire harness and lighting connectors.
Advanced silicone seals/Heavy duty terminals/Dual isolated grounding
- Advanced silicone seals provide an added layer of protection against moisture intrusion.
- Heavy duty terminals minimize voltage drop throughout the system.
- Dual-isolated grounding fights galvanic corrosion and increases amp capacity over the entire length of system.
Watch the videos:
GPS trailer tracking
GPS location data lets fleet managers know where trailers are 24/7 and if they are moving or parked. When underway, any new or developing issues are transmitted via 4G cellular networks as they happen. A backup battery powers PULSE when the trailer is not connected to a tractor.
Driver notification via Bluetooth
Real-time notifications are sent via Bluetooth to the driver. Our PULSE mobile app allows the driver to inspect/verify all trailer systems before departure and updates all system status to a phone or tablet.
Dispatcher notification via cellular
Real-time notifications are sent via cellular network to dispatchers. The PetersonPULSE® desktop app allows fleet-wide trailer management, tracking and repair scheduling.
Optimize trailer usage across your fleet
Maximize fleet use and efficiency by knowing in-service time and downtime of each trailer as well as distance traveled.