As fleets continue collecting trailer data to maximize the safety and ROI of their trailers and laying the groundwork for automated truck operations, they’re turning to smart trailers to make their fleets “more efficient, safer, and smarter,” according to a recent FleetOwner article.
In the article, titled “Smart trailers are making trucking more efficient,” Peterson’s Ross Froat says that smart trailers complement the industry’s overall safety goals.
“Good maintenance programs for trailers lead to safety on the road,” Froat told FleetOwner. Froat is Peterson’s Vice President of Engineering & Government Affairs. “It always comes back to safety because the trailer is the leading cause of CVSA violations and ‘out of services.’ So, safety amongst all that is really important in how that trailer is reacting to the braking functions, to the stopping functions, and to the awareness functions, such as lights, as it goes down the road hauling 80,000 lb., doing 70 mph.”
To bring trailers up to speed with today’s trucks, in 2018 Peterson introduced the patented PetersonPULSE intelligent trailer system, which provides fleets three ways to improve the ROI of their trailer investment:
- • Improved customer experience by picking up and delivering loads on time, secure and undamaged.
- • Reduced downtime and maintenance costs by catching equipment issues early before they become expensive or cause break downs on the side of the road.
- • Increased safety by ensuring all systems are active and working properly.
Check out our resources below for more information on how Smart Trailers are providing progressive solutions for fleet owners.
- FleetOwner: Smart Trailers Are Making Trucking More Efficient
- Peterson News: The Rise of Smart Tech for Trailers
- Peterson Web: PetersonPULSE: An Intelligent Trailer System