When Peterson Manufacturing introduced the patented PetersonPULSE® Intelligent Trailer System in 2018, we proclaimed that it was time that fleet trailers got as smart as high-tech tractors.
Today, the trucking industry is fully on-board with that vision.
“Trailers are poised to advance in the next 20 years the way tractors have advanced in the last 30 years,” says TMC Executive Director Robert Braswell in a release announcing results of a survey examining use of intelligence products in the trailer market. “Understanding the market needs and the available technologies will help the industry advance so fleets can achieve goals for safety, maintainability and readiness.”
TMC says its survey and resulting 17-page report focused on the following areas of smart trailer technology adoption:
- Current technologies offered to customers
- Brands of smart products selected and offered
- Experience with those products and their performance reliability
- Rental customer demand and feedback
- Field operations issues and challenges
- Decision drivers on future smart trailer offerings
TMC, the largest national trade association for the trucking industry, will highlight key findings of its survey in a free webinar scheduled for Wednesday, June 30 at Noon Eastern. Registration is available here.
The patented PetersonPULSE® intelligent trailer system provides fleets with three ways to improve the ROI of their trailer investment:
- Improved customer experience by picking up and delivering loads on time, secure and undamaged.
- Reduced downtime and maintenance costs by catching equipment issues early before they become expensive or side of the road.
- Increased safety by ensuring all systems are active and working properly.
“TMC’s first ever survey and report of smart products in the trailer market highlights the extreme importance of this technology going forward,” says Jeff Geoffroy, Peterson’s director of marketing and business development. “With the introduction of PetersonPULSE® over three years ago, we are proud to have been on the leading edge of helping the industry use and adopt smart trailer technology. We plan to maintain that market leadership going forward.”
Geoffroy says there are many trailer telematics solutions available today. Why choose PetersonPULSE®?
- You can utilize your existing trailer tracking system and don’t need to start over.
- No subscription fees to Peterson – other solutions add multiple subscription fees that decrease your ROI every year you own the trailer.
- Add sensors when you are ready to analyze that data – we don’t force you to purchase a bundle of sensors.
- Our open architecture accommodates future needs – future proof your trailers today with a proven open CAN-bus architecture.
For more information, visit the PetersonPULSE® Intelligent Trailer System page.