Director of Fleet Sales
Peterson Manufacturing is currently seeking a Director of Fleet Sales, reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
The Director of Fleet Sales for Peterson Manufacturing will:
- Recommend, design, and implement a sales strategy for Peterson Manufacturing’s fleet customers and prospects.
- Oversee the administration, sales, and service activities for all assigned fleet customers on a national basis.
- Coordinate marketing activities for fleet customers and prospects in the appropriate channels.
- Prepare proposals and other pertinent sales documents as they pertain to the appropriate sales process(es).
- Work with field representatives in the areas of product familiarization, application, and sales as well as service techniques and processes.
- Coordinate with OEM dealers to successfully drive new vehicle specifications.
- Coordinate the handling of technical inquiries through the Peterson Engineering Department.
- Work closely with Directors of Heavy-Duty Sales, Regional and OEM Sales Managers, Sales Agencies, and other Peterson associates to identify major sales opportunities and coordinate activities in support of fleet sales initiatives.
- Attends trade meetings, industry conventions, and other functions as appropriate.
- Ability to build and execute strategic selling initiatives.
- Successful experience in building strong customer relationships and consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized self-starter with a keen ability to identify and support customer’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Ability to quickly gain a broad understanding of company products and services.
- Have the ability to read and understand product drawings and electrical schematics in order to determine the appropriate Peterson product for the customer’s needs.
- Have an above-average mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand the market and vehicle applications of our customers and which Peterson products meet those needs.
- Have knowledge of all aspects of the commercial vehicle transportation market.
- A or B.S., or equivalent with emphasis in sales/marketing or engineering preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in sales/marketing.
- Must be able to travel up to 75%, with regular overnight stays required.
Click here to download and fill out an application. Once completed upload the file to the Application section of this form.
Peterson Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer). We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Peterson Manufacturing does not sponsor applicants for work visas.